Triple Almond Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies look so pretty and they are super easy to make.
1 cup almond flour or meal 1/3 cup tapioca flour 1/4 cup coconut flour 1 egg 1/2 tsp sea salt 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup natural smooth raw or roasted almond butter 1/4 cup maple syrup 1/2 tsp pure almond extract 1/3 cup shredded coconut 5-6 tablespoons homemade jam or Jam of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. in a food processor combine the almond meal tapioca flour coconut flour salt and baking powder.
3. Add the egg, almond butter, maple syrup, and almond extract and process for maybe 10 seconds. Just until a dough forms. Do not overmix. The dough will be wet and sticky but this is normal.
4. Remove the blade from the processor bowl and lately what your hands and roll the dough into balls just smaller than golf balls. You should have it at 16 balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet for now.
5. Put the shredded coconut in a small bowl and roll each ball of dough in the Coconut until completely coated.
6. Place the balls at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet and with your thumb press into the middle of each ball creating around well. Add about 1 teaspoon of the jam into each well.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies have expanded, cracked a bit in some places, and are lately golden on the bottom. The cookies will be very soft and delicate when coming out of the oven but trust me this is totally fine. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes and then carefully transfer them with a spatula on to a cooling rack until completely cool.