My Overnight-ish "Oats"
Need something quick to grab and go in the morning that is healthy, organic, gluten free and will keep you feeling fuller longer? Give this recipe a try! Make 5 at a time so that you are ready to go and are not setting yourself up for poor food choices in the morning.
Makes 4 portions
1 cup creamed buckwheat (uncooked)
2 cups grass fed organic plain yogurt
4 tablespoons organic chia seeds
2 cups fruit of choice (we love mixed organic berries)
1 1/2 organic almond milk (we prefer Earth's Own brand)
2 tablespoons local maple syrup (optional)
4 mason jars
1. Place creamed buckwheat in a bowl and cover with boiling water, let sit.
2. Add 1/2 cup of yogurt to each mason jar.
3. Add 1 tablespoon to each mason jar.
4. Add 1/2 cup fruit to each jar, followed by 1/2 cup of the cooked creamed buckwheat.
5. Top up each jar with almond milk.
6. Give each jar a good shake to mix it all up and place in fridge.
7. Grab one for breaky in the morning to set yourself up for a great day!
If creamed buckwheat is not your thing -- try quinoa flakes, spelt flakes or oats.