Chocolate Flour-less Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
So it’s that time of year when everyone has zucchini coming out of their ears. So what are we to do with it all!?
This dessert bread is a showstopper. My husband did not believe me when i told him that it was flour-less. It is so moist and yummy, I used all of my willpower not to down the entire loaf.
Make this dessert for your family and I guarantee you, they will be begging for the recipe.
1-2 tablespoons cocao or cocoa powder
1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (I use the Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl combine the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) and fold into the batter.
3. Stir in shredded zucchini. If really watery, squeeze out excess water.
4. Place in a (parchment paper) lined or greased loaf pan.
6. Top with 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 35-50 minutes. Start testing with toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
8. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve!
Reference: Chocolate Zucchini Bread by Paleo Mama)